Our doctors found that there are multiple root factors which cause people to become overweight or obese. These are Psychological, Social, Metabolic, Anatomical and Environmental Aspects. Not addressing these factors simultaneously explains unsuccessful weight loss results using different diets, exercise, food supplements or slimming medications.
The uniqueness of our treatment lies within approaching the person from a holistic perspective: as a psychological individual, as a biological system, and as a member of the community in which he or she lives.
Our team of local and international medical doctors including physicians, psychologists, psychotherapists, neurologists and surgeons have done extensive research in the field of obesity and created a unique approach to obesity treatment that addresses psychological, social, metabolic, anatomical and environmental factors.
To address psychological factors associated with eating behaviours, we use High-Intensity Behavioural Interventions, specifically the method of “Psychological Correction of Eating Habits”, which was developed by Associate Professor I. Varaksin and Dr. L. Shchukina. This method of Integrated Psychotherapy is the combination of elements from different schools of psychotherapy in the treatment of overweight and obese clients. It is uniquely used only at Holistic Living, Nairobi Kenya, and Slovyanskaya Clinic in Ukraine.
“Psychological Correction of Eating Habits” helps patients to safely, smoothly, joyfully and confidently overcome psychological factors that lead to unhealthy eating habits, with the goal of developing a new, healthy and satisfying eating style at the subconscious level. Practicing this Method of Weight Loss Psychotherapy at Holistic Living for the last 20 years, we’ve seen an excellent response in terms of overcoming the psychological resistance to weight reduction on the level of subconsciousness. We also advise regular follow-up visits until you achieve your ideal and sustainable result.
How is it done?
- By attending Weekly Group Psychotherapy Sessions for 4 Month. One session takes 1.5 hours. In addition to Group Sessions you will need to listen to Audio Psychotherapy Sessions at Home, at least One Session a Day for 6 to 8 Months. It is Necessary to Highlight: Your Compliance to Weekly Group Psychotherapy Sessions will give you the highest chance to succeed in such a Complicated/Resistant field as Changing your Old Eating Habits to New Eating Habits. This method of Psychotherapeutic Correction of Eating Behaviour has been proven as the fastest and easiest way of developing your new, enjoyable and sustainable eating style.
- Psychotherapy is coupled with self-monitoring, such as keeping food diaries which is essential in your weight loss, with no single food that is prohibited. Our Weight Loss Nurse will give you continued support with your food diaries.
- Once a month you will need to come to NBC for a general follow up on all aspects of your weight loss therapy: psychotherapy, calories, supportive nutrients, as well as discussing further plans according to each person’s individual result.
- You will need to take some supportive natural nutrients for a minimum of 3 months, to protect your body from nutritional deficiency, which often happens when the patient is losing weight with some wrong slimming methods.
- Our clinic provides a medical, psychological and nutritional evaluation before tailoring your weight loss plan. Each client is taken through a complete medical check-up by the doctor to assess their current health and comorbidities – complications as a result of extra weight. The client may need to present their previous health reports (lab tests, X-ray, MRI, ultrasound, etc.) and the doctor may recommend carrying out additional tests.
- Before starting the Group Therapy Sessions, you will be taken through the Intake Interview by our psychotherapist – Dr. L. Shchukina, your realistic weight loss plan will be discussed in the possibility to achieve your desired and healthy weight. You will have a general introduction to the weight loss resisting forces: Subconscious Psychological (using food to deal with boredom, overeating when stressed, eating for fun, food addiction, food temptation, subconscious eating stereotypes…); Social Factors that manifest in the society; metabolic and hormonal changes that are caused by the excessive Visceral Fat in your body; Anatomical Factors – related to the expanded stomach, and as a result if it – an requirements to eat bigger volume of the food.
During the course of Psychological Correction of Eating Habits, we will be helping you to integrate a safe Physical Activity into your routine that is tailored to your individual needs, medical condition and capabilities.
Most of our patients are able to lose 5-10 Kgs per month.
Medical Weight Loss Package:
4 Months Course of Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy Online Sessions, Once a Week for 4 Months. One session takes 90 minutes.
- Set of Weight Loss Psychotherapy Audio Sessions for Psychological Correction of Eating Habits in the flash disc, to listen at home daily for 6- 8 Months
- Two Food Diaries
- Continuous Assistance in keeping Food Diaries and Monthly monitoring your weight loss progress with the Nairobi Bariatric Centre Weight Loss Nurse for 4 months.
- Supportive Nutrients for one month and after finishing, the patient should purchase them for the next minimum 3 more months
- Lab Tests: Full Haemogram, Total Cholesterol, Fasting Blood Sugar, Urinalysis and Stool analysis
- Within the course of therapy, the patient is entitled to individually scheduled psychotherapy sessions with Dr. L. Shchukina (this is upon to the patient’s feelings and needs)
Full 4-month Course Cost – 68,000/= including Weekly Group Sessions for 4 months.
Please note that this package is valid for 4 months upon starting the course
The resulting subconscious change in eating habits occurs right from the beginning of your treatment. Previous unsuccessful attempts at losing weight may have left you in doubts that your weight loss is possible. With this Specific Course of Psychotherapy for Weight Loss, your worries and doubts will disappear quite fast and you will become more confident with each day, knowing that you are on track.
Our clients develop healthy, easy-going and non-obsessive lifelong eating habits. This is the way to SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS.
The goal is to lose weight in a right and healthy manner, achieving harmony within the body, mind and spirit. Based on our more than 20 years’ practical experience in both non-surgical and surgical weight loss methods, our team of qualified doctors and nurses is confident and dedicated to helping you achieve your ideal weight for a healthier and happier life.
Our clients lose 5kg to 10kg per month!