Our doctors found that there are multiple root factors which cause people to become overweight or obese. These are Psychological, Social, Metabolic, Anatomical and Environmental aspects. Not addressing these factors simultaneously explains unsuccessful weight loss results using only diets, exercise, food supplements or slimming medications.
The uniqueness of our treatment lies within approaching the person from a holistic perspective: as a psychological individual, as a biological system, and as a member of the community in which he or she lives.
Our team of local and international medical doctors including physicians, psychologists, psychotherapists, neurologists and surgeons have done extensive research in the field of obesity and created a unique approach to obesity treatment that addresses psychological, social, metabolic, anatomical and environmental factors.
To address psychological factors associated with eating behaviors, we use High-Intensity Behavioral Interventions, specifically the method of “Psychological Correction of Eating Habits”, which was developed by Associate Professor I. Varaksin and Dr. L. Shchukina. This method of Integrated Psychotherapy is the integration of elements from different schools of psychotherapy in the treatment of overweight and obese clients. It is uniquely used only at Holistic Living, Nairobi and Slovak Clinic in Ukraine.
“Psychological Correction of Eating Habits” helps patients to safely, smoothly, joyfully and confidently overcome psychological factors that lead to unhealthy eating habits, with the goal of developing a new, healthy, satisfying and sustainable eating style at the subconscious level. Practicing this method at Holistic Living for the last 20 years, we’ve seen an excellent response in terms of overcoming the psychological resistance to weight loss on the level of subconsciousness and achieving sustainable weight loss. We also advise regular follow-up visits until you achieve sustainable weight loss.
Our Unique Process
- Includes 15 face-to-face sessions with Dr. Shchukina over 3 months, individually scheduled according to both the doctor’s and each client’s availability.
- A monthly follow-up meeting with the doctor over one year to monitor your progress and to give support in your journey towards your ideal weight.
One session of Lifestyle Coaching takes around 1 hour and clients can decide to schedule the 12 sessions in 12, 6, or 4 visits.
- Lifestyle Coaching is coupled with self-monitoring, such as keeping a food diary and provision of supportive natural nutrients such as Bee-pollen, Spirulina, Fish Oil and Moringa.
- Our clinic provides a medical, psychological and nutritional evaluation before tailoring your weight loss plan. Each client is taken through a complete medical check-up by the doctor to assess their current health or detect any complications due to obesity. The client may need to present their previous health reports (lab, X-ray, MRI, ultrasound, etc.) and the doctor may recommend carrying out additional tests.
- Setting a realistic weight loss plan for you to achieve your healthy weight.
- Analyzing the resistant factors in each individual case such as:
- Psychological (using food to deal with boredom, overeating when stressed, eating for fun, food addiction, food temptation, subconscious eating stereotypes)
- Social factors that manifest in the community
- Metabolic and hormonal changes that are coursed by excessive accumulation of Visceral Fat in the body. Check your BMI and waist circumference.
- Anatomical factors related to the expanded stomach resulting in the changed eating styles that cause obesity.
- Helping a person to integrate a Physical Activity into their routine that is tailored to their needs, medical condition and capabilities.
The resulting subconscious change in eating habits occurs right from the beginning of your treatment. Several unsuccessful attempts at losing weight may have left you discouraged. With this treatment, your worries and doubts will slowly fade away. You will become more confident with each day, knowing that you are on track with the right weight loss approach for you.
Our clients develop healthy, easy-going and non-obsessive lifelong eating habits. This is the way to SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS.
The goal is to lose weight in a right and healthy manner, achieving harmony within the body, mind and spirit. Based on our more than 20 years’ practical experience in both non-surgical and surgical weight loss methods, our team of qualified doctors is confident and dedicated to helping you achieve your ideal weight for a healthier, happier life.
Our clients lose 5kg to 10kg per month!